It’s my birthday and what better way to kick off the blog -a- thon with a few facts to help you get to know me better! I hope you still love me the same or dare I say even more by the time you finish this list.
- I grew dancing ballet and competing in dance competitions. I start taking lessons at age 3, if only Dance Moms was around back then
- I studied abroad in France my junior year of college. It was a dream come true to finally be in Paris, I had been telling my mom for years that I was going to live there
- I love Victorian era literature and just books in general. The last book I just finished was The Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Burchard. To see what else I’ve been reading this year,check out my reading list here
I shaved off half my left eyebrow when was ten, which is why is grows in crazy directions. It’s a long story that I will share later on the blog
- I have a healthy obsession ( is there such a thing?) with jeans, which I’m sure you have realized from my outfits. I think I had at least 60 pairs last time I counted, whoops!
- I love baking. If it wasn’t for baking I’d probably still hate going into a kitchen or cooking. I started my own bakery one summer from my mom’s kitchen, I guess I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit
- I don’t drink soda but I adore chocolate. When I visited belgium I was most excite about looting all there chocolate shops! Don’t judge, chocolate is life okay!
- I’m the grouchiest, moodiest version of myself when i’m hungry. We don’t want that so just feed me, kay? The only time I can go hours on hours without eating is when I’m shopping
Beyoncè is life. 90’s r&b is life. Tupac is life. I also love trap music ( sue me, kay?) Currently,Wynter Gordon’s Five Needle has been on repeat.
- I’m a planner. I make lists for everything, I organize everything. Just ask my bestie/college roomie, Melysa (check out her blog here). If you ever walk into my space and find it just in a mess, most likely I’m suffering a mid life crisis and you should def call for help
- I have a twin. Well not really ( I wish) but I do have two younger brothers who could pass as my twin. One of them is my photographer for the blog.
- Baked Mac & Cheese is my favorite food. I could eat it everyday, it’s perfection.
- I don’t own sweatpants and I refused to buy them in college (one reason I was always fully dressed for class). I don’t really know where this disdain for them came from but I was happy when joggers came into style.
I always wished I could sing. Trust me, I try but it’s just not cute.
- I went to business school and have a b.s in Economics – Finance with a minor in Literature.
- I shot a commercial with Ne-yo during my modeling days and he sung acapella for us (swoon!)
- I got to perform on stage with Nelly when he performed at my school’s Spring Day concert
- I don’t do rollercoasters. I’m not a huge fan of amusements park anyway and I am the friend holding everyone’s stuff when they go rides
- I collect candles and always have one burning when I am home. They just really set a calm mood. Let me know if you want a post on my favorite brands/scents
- I’ve kept a journal since I was 12 . I love writing and always wanted to write fiction! ( I started writing short stories in middle school)
- Quotes are my daily pick me ups, I get them sent daily to my phone and write them on post its then hang them around my workspace. It is one of the ways I stay inspired and motivated
- I ran track & did gymnastics throughout high school. The beam was my favorite event
- Pink is my favorite color ( clichè? eh)
- I’ve never colored my hair