It shouldn’t come as a shock that I tend to favor towards more nature shots for my photos. More often than not I prefer to be on grass and by trees even though I’m a total city girl but I love the softness of nature as a backdrop to my outfits. Especially for this look, I love the juxaposition of the dark green against the fiery red of my maxi dress. I have been loving wearing dresses lately, (see here and here) and I rediscovered the one I’m wearing while spring cleaning my closet (more on that soon). I love how light and flowy it is while been so comfortable and chic. I thought this would be a perfect time to give you all some tips on accessorizing by taking you through my process of getting ready today. Scroll down for my tips and let me know if you like when I include tips!
- Pick a central piece to build a look. I chose to start off with just a plain red maxi dress.
- Add a belt. I love the dress on it’s own but since I’m a slim girl it can make me appear a bit shapeless. So, I opted to add a belt to help redefine my curves.
- Add shoes. As you all know I wear heels most of the time but for this look I prefer sandals to keep the look relaxed.
- Add a hat. I love hats. So every single outfit I put together always has a hat option but sometimes I opt to not wear one. However, I really feel this hat helped tie the outfit together and add another layer of interest. The brown really meshes well with the red while a pop of blue helps to balance out the color warm color palette.
- Add some jewels. No oufit is ever complete without some jewelry. I am a minimalist when it comes to jewelry and kept it simple with a bracelet and ring to polish off the look.
There you have it ! A quick painless version of how I created this outfit which is perfect for a brunch/lunch date, shopping or walking barefoot down the beach. *muah* Until next time…
Inspired by Iconic 70’s era when maxi dresses became a mainstream trend