It’s Beauty Tuesday! Today, I will be sharing with you all what I do for my skincare routine, day and night. I have a fairly simple routine, I don’t apply serums and eye creams and anti-wrinkle creams and all of that. Maybe I should but I don’t instead I stick to the basics of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing with the occasional mask thrown in.
I will also be sharing how I keep my lashes long and full. After, I finish my skin is perfectly prepped for doing my makeup, going au naturale or to sleep. Let me know your skin type and favorite products!
Day | Skincare Routine
1. Cleanse with Alba Botanica Coconut Cleansing Milk – I love that this has a creamy texture and is full of a lot of ingredients. Plus it doesn’t dry my skin out like some cleansers.
2. Tone with Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel – I love witch hazel. It has multiple purposes in my beauty routine not to mention lemon helps to even out skin tone.
3. Moisturize with Garnier Fructis Intense Gel Moisturize – I really like gels because I have oily skin on my forehead area but normal everywhere else. I don’t have to worry about my skin looking greasy or feeling dry. I have been using this gel for years but let me know if you all have other suggestions!
4. Deep Intensive Mask with Aztec Healing Clay – I use this mask about once or twice a month since it is pretty intense, it gives a really deep clean but be careful if you had sensitive skin and never place around the eye area
Night | Skincare Routine
1. I wipe down my face/remove makeup with my Burt Bee’s Facial Towelettes. I switch back and forth between the cucumber melon and grapefruit
2. Use the witch hazel to remove any excess makeup or dirt
3. Cleanse with Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash in Grapefruit
4. Moisturize with Coconut Oil
5. Apply my oil mixture to my lashes and brows
How I Grow My Lashes
I use a homemade oil mixture to help keep my lashes hydrated. It is the same concept of “sealing” when it comes to hair but just for your lashes.
8-ounce applicator bottle
Castor Oil/Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Extra virgin olive oil
- Fill the applicator bottle half way with Castor oil
- Then add about a 1/4 cup of olive oil and a 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Shake it up well
- Apply to damp lashes with a clean mascara wand. You can also use this on your brows!
* I like to leave the mixture on overnight and wash my face as normal in the morning. Do what works best for you!