One of my summer wardrobe staples is high waisted shorts. High waisted shorts are very flattering on so many figures and help to create the illusion of longer legs. Who doesn’t want to make their legs to seem miles long? Casual and carefree or dressed up these shorts can do double duty all summer.
My look is casual, simple and crisp which is perfect for laid back days. I paired my shorts with this sheer open back top that works well for warmer temperatures because the material is so breezy. Since I wanted to keep my jewelry minimal I threw on some statement earrings that really popped and completed the look. It was that easy.
Don’t worry I included tips for how to style this summer staple to make sure you nail it every time. Check them out below and let me know your summer wardrobe staples.
Shop My Picks
3 Tips for Wearing High Waisted Shorts
1 Wear Flesh tone sandals.
It will help to add to the illusion of longer legs.
2 Skip the belt.
Of course, you can wear a belt but it’s not really necessary for high waisted shorts. Skipping the belt creates a really casual and carefree vibe which is great for summer.
3 Tuck it in.
Your top that is. If you go for a longer top tuck it halfway or all the way in. Also, crop tops work great too.
Top by Zara
Bag by Zara
Shoes by Steve Madden
Sunglasses by Rayban
Be sure to drop your email below to get exclusives for subscribers and come say hi on instagram
Blogger Spotlight – Check out all the posts that were featured this in IFB weekly round up along with this post
- Couture Crush: Function Beauty Review
- Elements of Ellis: Grey Embroidered Cardigan
- Everest Says: How to Wear the Corset Belt
- Everyday Starlet: Vintage Inspired Eyeliners
- Fashion Fairies: Sizzling in Sheer
- For Urban Women: Fashion Forward Dubai Pop Up Store
- Funky Jungle: 6 Random Notes On Style & Fashion
- Grazielle Camilleri: My New Bikini and Matching Kaftan
- Golden Med Girl: My Own Little Fashion Project