Winter is here. It was only a few weeks ago it felt like summer in November. Now New England is in full winter temperatures. It’s been getting cold. Therefore, I’d thought I share a few tips and few essentials items to transition from a fall to winter wardrobe.
Layering is Queen
I’ll say this until the end of time. It’s the Golden Rule of the winter wardrobe. I’m not sure this even needs to be a tip anymore but it’s always worth reiterating. If you want the breakdown of the mechanics of layering then you’ll want to read my ” 3 Tips to Perfect the Art of Layering” post.
It’s time for long sleeves and hemlines. I love tunics because they add vertical height and cover your bum. Choosing longer & oversized items helps to keep you warm without being bulky.
Sleek & Chic
Hate when your scarf snags your earrings or necklace? I love bold jewelry but in the colder months when I tend be heavily layered I prefer jewels more minimalistic. It’s also the time of year I tend to wear a watch because it gets so dark so early. I’m always surprised when I check the time & it’s only 4pm.
* Grandiose Liner by Lancôme – this line has quickly become my favorite. I love the brush which makes it easy to do winged liner.
* Beauty Marked Eyeshadow by Mac – When I just want a light eyeshadow I reach for this one. It’s easy to apply to the lid and blend out into the crease to create a soft beautiful eye
*Fit Me Matte Foundation by Maybelline – This is by far my favorite drugstore foundation. It’s easy to build coverage and gives a natural finish. It also feels so light on the skin.
* Radiant Creamy Concealer by NARS – This is no surprise to my long-time readers. It’s my holy grail concealer.
Love my watch? Shop it here
Resilience Watches 20% Discount Code: laysummers20
Top 10 Favorite
Winter Wardrobe Essentials
2. Black Booties
3. Sleek Watch
4. Comfortable Dark Pants/Denim
5. Wrap Coat
6. Oversized Blanket Scarfs
7. Wool socks
8. Navy or Maroon Crewneck sweaters
9. Leather gloves
10. Oversized Blazers